Wednesday, December 28, 2016

MIM 2016 RCDC Visible tag

Recently I was editing a user edit RCDC for MIM 2016 to allow a field to become visible by setting a Boolean attribute on the user object.

I originally used this blog for doing FIM work: .  Quite helpful, but I noticed that it wasn't working anymore in MIM 2016.
The key to this working was in this tag.
my:Property my:Name="Required" my:Value="{Binding Source=object, Path=IsContractor, Mode=TwoWay}"
But I couldn't get it work as expected.  After trying a few different things I finally discovered that you have to put the Visible tag directly in the  my:Control tag.  So now it should look like this:
 my:Control my:Name="Company" my:TypeName="UocTextBox" my:Caption="{Binding Source=schema, Path=Company.DisplayName}" my:Description="{Binding Source=schema, Path=Company.Description}" my:Visible="{Binding Source=object, Path=IsContractor, Mode=TwoWay}"
Now it works like a charm!

Sunday, June 26, 2016

Custom approval workflow causes 'Access Denied' error

Recently I was setting up a MIM environment that does the most basic approval workflows.  Have a user create a contractor in the MIM Portal that requires manager approval.  After setting everything up I was getting Access Denied error with the following error - 'Object reference not set to an instance of the object'..  This worked in past FIM deployments so I wasn't sure what the deal was.

Thanks to Dan Malloy for pointing out this blog which fixed the problem.

FYI if you change an OOB approval workflow, now it becomes custom and it will also change the .NET reference from 3.5 to 4.0 which may cause issues.  Switching it back to 3.5 should resolve the issue.

Saturday, March 19, 2016

Outlook 2016 and MIM2016 client extension resolved

My last post I was frustrated I could install the client extensions for MIM2016 on Outlook 2016.  Now there's a fix:
Thanks to Brian Desmond for pointing this out.

Friday, March 18, 2016

Outlook 2016 and MIM 2016 client extensions.

Was recently at a client site working on group management.  I discovered that the Outlook plug-in for MIM client extension is not supported on Outlook 2016. 

This is not noted anywhere on the MS web site, so now you know.  This is a bit disappointing, I'm hoping MS will do something about this soon.  I'm going to report it on the MS FIM forum shortly.

Update: There's a hotfix see next post.