Wednesday, December 28, 2016

MIM 2016 RCDC Visible tag


Recently I was editing a user edit RCDC for MIM 2016 to allow a field to become visible by setting a Boolean attribute on the user object.

I originally used this blog for doing FIM work: 
https://identityminded.wordpress.com/2011/10/14/fim2010-semi-dynamic-rcdc-operations/ .  Quite helpful, but I noticed that it wasn't working anymore in MIM 2016.
 
The key to this working was in this tag.
my:Property my:Name="Required" my:Value="{Binding Source=object, Path=IsContractor, Mode=TwoWay}"
 
But I couldn't get it work as expected.  After trying a few different things I finally discovered that you have to put the Visible tag directly in the  my:Control tag.  So now it should look like this:
 
 my:Control my:Name="Company" my:TypeName="UocTextBox" my:Caption="{Binding Source=schema, Path=Company.DisplayName}" my:Description="{Binding Source=schema, Path=Company.Description}" my:Visible="{Binding Source=object, Path=IsContractor, Mode=TwoWay}"
Now it works like a charm!